Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Bloomin' Hope

For all of you who faithful read the blog you will remember that a rabbit ate my Black-eyed-Susan's.......still pains me to remember. I wanted to you see what started blooming there this week.
Those flowers are coming back....I thought they were a lose for this season but with time they have re-bloomed....THEY ARE RENEWED! So it has had my brain spinnin' about renewal of hope. To be renewed...."to make like new : restore to freshness, vigor, or perfection renew our strength in sleep" (this is according to Merriam Webster anyway)......oh how I long to be restored to freshness....to be made like new....it is on my mind because sometimes I need my hope renewed. I need my hope to be make like new in vigor. This some days my cynical heart gets the best of me, some days my tired flesh wins out, some days my mind just spins in unbelief. On those days days I need a renewal of hope! A few mornings ago God reminded me of Romans 15:13 "May the God of HOPE fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with HOPE by the power of the Holy Spirit."

He filled me with hope by blooming those flowers for me. He reminded me that I had given up on them but wasn't done...he had more in store to teach me with those silly little things. These verse reminds us that when we are filled with the God of HOPE then we overflow with hope.....I want to overflow with hope.....not with other things I sometimes overflow with. I know this is a matter of heart...some days I just don't let myself trust in Him...I make the decision I can handle life on my own. That I already know how life works, how people work, how I work. I sorta say inwardly ...."see that is the way it goes.." as if I know better than HE. Sometimes I just forget that hope is from God when we trust in Him.....God's action is the HOPE my action is the trust.

Regan brought me a flower home for Mother's day...it was just a little green steam sticking through dirt in a Styrofoam cup. Julie and I cried the day she brought it home because we weren't sure if Regan would be with us on Mother's Day. I put that little stick in the ground to see what it would do. Honestly I didn't think it would do much....but guess what...

It it the biggest and brightest plant in my yard.....I'd say it is overflowing with HOPE!
I pray today you will renew your trust today then I know He will fill you with renewed Hope...and I know you will overflow with Hope for all the world to see....and maybe even be surprised by!


4 comments:

Jane said...

Hey! Romans l5:13 has been my verse for a very long time. Love every promise within it. Love the fact that God is in control of what and when something blooms. I once saw a wild flower pushing up through the cracks of concrete when leaving the hospital and it ministered to me in such and sweet reassuring way because I felt like God did that just for me to see that particular day in my particular moment of need to see something beautiful in a not so beautiful day. I know God loves to surprise us and He so often does. My favorite thing is to be looking for His surprises and you know what...each time...I'm still surprised. Love you guys!!!

Mills Family said...

Oh we love you back.

Shan said...

I need to be reminded of this bloomin' hope...hope!

Lori said...

I love this, Chantell! Thanks!! makes me think of the beginning of 1 Peter, too, about a Living Hope!