Thursday, October 02, 2008

Grace and Goodness

Rylee turned 10 yesterday. This seems impossible. She is suppose to be four! She asked for one thing....Ruthie...Kit's best friend. So she got it! So fun....I am glad that she still likes playing dolls and babies so much. She was very excited to finally see her special doll as you can see by this photo.








We have a tradition in our family that you wake up on your birthday morning to "Happy Birthday" and get to open all your gifts in bed. Sometimes that seems like a dumb tradition...especially the first few minutes of this family time. But usually the smiles come quick. I noticed when I was reading all the birthday messages that people sent to Rylee that there was a theme. Almost everyone said they are thankful Rylee is grace filled and sweet. Rylee's heart is good. She looks the good in others. Jesus' heart was like that. I am proud of her. She is not perfect but she teaches me to consider life in someone else's shoes before I pass judgment or assume too much. To live a life of grace towards others.

She is a sweet girl. She is turning into a sweet young lady. Time seems so fleeting lately...There was a time in my life I didn't want any girls...I thought I would do best at raising boys. God saw things differently. I am glad He didn't see my ideas as prayers and He did what He thought was best. My girls have been some of by best teachers. I look forward to the future because of the hope Rylee reminds me of....goodness and grace.

6 comments:

Vera Lu said...

What a joy to watch girls experience dolls instead of tossing aside their youth so quickly. God Bless American Girl! I love you Rylee and Kit.

From Janie and Carol's mama!

Dan and Tammy said...

Happy Birthday to Rylee! I just put some pictures in Elias' album and she was a little bitty thing! :) (i think that 4 year old you were missing!)

Ashley said...

Happy Birthday Rylee!!!!!!!!
Ashley Giblin :D

Unknown said...

woo hoo! Happy Birthday, Rylee! You really are a sweetie!

Mrs. McClendon said...

Wow...just spent the last few hours catching up on the last few months of the Mills. Love you guys more than you know. Praying really hard for all of you. Just catching my breath here...

And by the way, there is no way that Ms. Rylee is TEN! Oh my goodness, I can't wait to tell Rusty. He will be shocked. I remember her being the last little face that I saw as I happily walked out of the sanctuary holding my new husband's hand...sweet Rylee. Love her. Love you. Love all of you.

Funny thing happened the other day. My oldest son, Carson, wanted to play with markers, not crayons like his brother. He said he is "too big for crayons". It's funny because I can remember Ryder complaining about the exact same thing one night at VBS. He was entering Kindergarten and was way too big for crayons! It made me think of him (and of you!) and miss him very much.

Are you scheduling any trips to Dallas? I would love to see you...

HODAPP said...

What a GREAT tradition! Start the day off in smiles and celebrating life! You guys are doing such a good job with your gifts... He knew what He was doing when He gave them each to you guys!
May God continue to bless you!
and
Happy Birthday Rylee!!!