Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Thanksgiving Joy!

I continue to enjoyreading the Divine Hours as part of my prayer and meditation each day. I am consistently amazed at how it speaks to me right where I am since it was written and formated so so long ago. The refrain for today is "Those who sowed with tears will reap with songs of joy. Those who go out weeping , carrying the seed, will come again with joy, shouldering their sheaves. (Ps 126:6-7) Boy, is that a great image that reveals truth to us as we read. Holidays are a tricky time for many people, and I would include myself in this category. With the season comes hope because of what Christ has and is doing for us. It also bring remembering and pondering what is to come. Many of you will remember some of the not so great Thanksgiving and Christmas season Regan has been through. Especially 2003 when we thought we were loosing her because of liver failure. Then last year at Thanksgiving when she was so ill and recovering form hip removal surgery. We also know that when Regan is made new with Christ will also carry saddness for for those of us left here in this veiled reality. So, it reminds us that every moment counts.
So, I am thankful that we have this verse to be an anchor. I think of the image of a woman on her knees literally sowing seeds of God's word into the ground as she weeps...then reaping joy. Only God makes something like that happen. Only the seed of Christ can use tears to bring nutrients for sheaves of joy! Now that is something to be thankful for!
We thank God for you....for his faithfulness made tangible by your love and prayer.....now that is better than "punkin" pie.

No comments: