Friday, February 23, 2007

Companionship

Today before Brian left to "go change the world" as I call it. We had a great discussion about Ecclesiastes 4:7-12. If you have time today I hope you read it but I wanted to share a couple thoughts...here is a portion of it passage
"Two are better than one because they have good return for their labor. For if either of them falls, the one will lift up his companion. But woe to the one who falls when there is not another to lift him up. Further more if two lie down together they keep warm, but how can one keep warm alone? And if one can overpower him who is alone, two can resist him. A cord of three strands is not quickly torn apart." (4:9-12)
  • I am so glad that I have Brian in my life. I praise God that he gave us each other. I feel it is such an honor to love him. I feel proud to be his partner on life's journey. I feel that God keeps me warm by having him to lie with..I feel strength to resist the evil one because of him and the strength of God (this cord of three). What a good return we have not only in our children but in our ministry opportunities.
  • We also feel blessed by those of you who take interest in our life and intercede on our behalf. I hope you feel a good return. Thank you for lifting us out of the pit of despair that we sometimes find ourselves in. What a mess we would be in if we didn't have you as companions...we would be in "WOE."
Regan had a rough day yesterday. She did pass one kidney stone and was what we call "ticking" (small seizures) all day long. We kept her home from school Julie held her in the morning and I most of the afternoon and evening. Rylee of course had to get some time in too! I guess it is a way we can feel like we are "keeping her warm" because she can us holding her and then she can know that she is not alone. It is probably more for us than for her.

Today she is having a good day so far. I get to bathe and dress her for school on Friday's so I love Fridays a lot. I walked her to school (along with Moby). So, it was nice to get some fresh air. I actually took Moby on a walk today because he needs fresh air too! Ryder has his big play on Sunday. So please pray for him. Brian leaves for Vegas next Friday for his Week of E trip. So, please pray for him and the 35 students that will be going with him (more of that changing the world stuff).

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I think you are changing the world!